- The Whole Herd tested negative for CAE as of 12/4/16. We have never had CL on this farm.
- Kidding season is over - we have sold everyone we want to sell.
- Linear Appraisal done August 2017.
- We participate in DHIA - documenting production, earning Milk Stars, and earning production awards through the Alpines International Club.
- Click on names for ADGA pedigrees.
- Mojo, Chill, & Kuiper are Purebred Alpine.
- Tzatziki, Bhindi & Tzimmes are American Alpine.
Regel Katan Farm Charmer Mojo Linear Appraisal 2017 VEE89
Mojo at LA, 2 y 5 m old (left) & breeding time 2015
We brought Mojo in as a youngster - from Regel Katan Farm in Ohio. This was a big gamble - his dam was a first-freshener - but his pedigree was great. And our gamble paid off!
- Tzarina, Mojo x Cheeky's 2015 daughter earned her Star in 2016. :-) and was sold to a dairy in Wisconsin
- Mojo has improved on Cheeky's udder - bringing it further forward and more tightly attached all around.
- Mojo's dam is now SGCH Regel Katan Farm Ab Caana - with an udder that is udderly amazing (sorry :-). Caana earned Superior Genetics and her permanent championship by her third year. She appraised in 2015 at FS-EX90 VVEE.
- Mojo's sire is GCH Windrush Farms IRS Charmer - famous for his amazing toplines - and was the Premiere Alpine Sire at the 2014 ADGA National Show.
- Mojo was appraised in July 2016- scoring V or E in all structural categories except front legs (A) with a final score of VEE 89 as a 3 y.o.
- Mojo is spending the 2017 breeding season at McCann Farm in Milaca - so we can get more of his daughters evaluated. We will be happy to have him back again in winter.
Regel Katan Farm LysanstoChill (Jr. Herdsire)
LA 2017 VVE 88
Regel Katan Farm Kuiper Belt 2017 LA VEEV 87 as 1 y.o. FF
Regel Katan Farm Kuiper Belt
Kuiper (Kiper, long i) is a very flashy Gal with lots of attitude.
- Kuiper's sire, Regel Katan Farm IceMan, is in the Young Sire Development program of ADGA - a very high honor - and we will try to help "prove" him by getting Kuiper her milk star this year.
Her first-freshening udder is beautiful - very nice texture and good production - in the June, 2017 verification test, she produced 9.4 pounds in 24 hours!
- in Linear Appraisal she scored Excellent in rear legs and rump :-) Very Good in head, front legs, back and udder texture and +good in shoulders and feet - and to appraise at VEEV 87 as a FF - we are very proud. :-)
SG Meadowwild M. Tzatziki 1*M - 2017 VEVE 89
Productive and "Superior!"
- In 2015, Cheeky earned ADGA's Superior Genetics designation - meaning she places in the top 15% of the breed for a combination of scores derived from production and type.
- In her 2015 lactation, she produced 3369 pounds in 295 days - 60 of those days were once a day milking only! She was on DHIR again in 2016 and produced 2900 pounds of milk and 107# butterfat in 287 days in milk - this on once a day milking for the last 75 days.
- This year she is well on her way to 3000 pounds again - testing 15.7 pounds on June 13 verification test!
- Tzatziki was appraised in August , 2017 and i have to say, i cried with joy. She had a very good year - and it showed - rising to Very Good in General appearance, Excellent in Dairy strength, Very Good in Body Capacity and Excellent in Mammary! Final score a full 3 digits higher than last year - 89! The appraiser said she was "a true dairy goat." and she is - productive, healthy and easy-going. we love her.
"Simmy" is a tank! She weighs 75 pounds at 4.5 months old. We will breed her to Chill this Fall and hope for a doe kid to keep. Simmy will carry on in Cheeky's hoofsteps, most certainly - being a high producer, a calm, easy going doe that is healthy and productive.
Bhindi is linebred on Mojo - a surprise, since we bred her dam to Chill, but the DNA tells no lies. She is a gorgeous Gal born at the end of March - and we will watch how she grows to decide if we breed her or not this Fall. At almost 4 months old she weighs 51 pounds. She is smoothly blended and we think she will follow our path of productivity and health. So far, so good!
Coming soon: Regel Katan Farm A Borealis
"Alice" is a dry yearling who is coming to live with us at the end of August. We are, as always, very grateful to Regel Katan Farmers for the lovely goats and the fine genetics these animals represent. Alice is a PB Alpine, who shares a sire with Kuiper Belt. Photo is of IceMan - we hope to prove him and help the two Girls reach their full potential. Photos of Alice when she gets home to Meadowwild in late August. We can't wait to meet her!!